Hello!

Welcome to my blog! This is a blog about my life -- mostly about my husband, me, and our life together. We got married in 2010, and we have had a great time so far with our life together. We dated for 4 years before getting married, and I can't say enough how JD is a Godsend to me and is the perfect life partner. I know God created him just for me. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives. Sometimes it is a bit average (maybe even boring to some), but we are content and enjoying it. I enjoy my job as a nurse. I also enjoy couponing, reading, crafting, playing with my Cricut machine, sewing, going to the movies, exercising, running, and many many other things. JD is an engineer for the Army and enjoys cars and trucks, but most of all, rebuilding and driving his 1966 Ford Bronco. He also loves bowling. He has alot of hobbies and interests, but those two dominate them all! :) I hope you enjoy following us!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just a small update.....

I have decided that while we are pursuing IVF, I will not be updating about it.  I believe this is a private, intimate experience that only JD and I (and some of our close family and friends) should know all the intricate details about.   I still ask that you pray for us as we go through this journey.  I need prayer for strength while on all the different medications (trust me, the meds throw me for a whirl!).  I also request prayer that this cycle will be a success and that we will have a child (or two!) from it.  

Now, moving on.  I do think that some of you might be interested in what I took part in yesterday.   I decided to go for acupuncture, not only for the IVF treatments, but just to help reduce my overall stress lately.  I was kinda skeptical, but figured, what the heck! I might as well try it!

Let me tell you, it was awesome.   I was very apprehensive about the needles.  Those were a PIECE OF CAKE.   The acupuncturist stuck one on each side of my forehead (very high in the hairline area), one on each clavicle, one about two inches above my belly button, one on each leg, mid-calf area, and one on each ankle.   I have also been experiencing some BAD headaches.  My acupuncturist is also a chiropractor, so after the acupuncture session was complete (a little bit over 30 minutes), he worked on my neck and upper back for the headaches.  He told me I should feel very energized and rest well.  Well, I think my problem is that I was OVER energetic at the end of the day.  I got about 5 hours of sleep, and then BAM! I woke up feeling like I could run a marathon.  I still feel pretty good today.  I feel physically and mentally refreshed.  It might all be in my head, but I think the session really worked.   It is a bit pricey for the consultation/session, as my insurance does not cover it, but it is well worth it, and I hope it does help the overall process in the end.

Anyway, other than that, not much has been going on, besides work.  JD and I both have been keeping pretty busy at our jobs.  I have decided to take the semester off in school this time around.  Don't worry, I'll be back at it again soon! 

My birthday is coming up soon, and I'm not quite sure I'm too thrilled about it.   I usually start counting down at about 6 months prior.  It seems like once you hit 25, you start realizing 30 is coming up soon.   And I'm not sure I'm ready for that one, yet.  :)  I'm sure we will have a blast though.  We plan on a mini get away, which is much needed.  And plus, I get presents, cake, and ice cream.  What's not to like about that?..........Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment